Amanda
Saying goodbye has never been my strong suit.
I have a weakness when it comes to letting people go...I can't.
I hold on to everyone and everything.
It's always been like that.

Break-ups that would have taken people months to get over, take me years.
Friendships that go sour leave me sad and bitter long past the time my heart should have mended.

I just love people and I don't ever want to lose the ones that are in my life.
As I've grown up, I have realized that this is not always realistic...that sometimes it is better for my heart and for others to separate and head opposite ways. That sometimes it is just inevitable.

But there is this one...this one relationship...this one friendship that I just can't seem to get past.
It's haunted me for years.
It's followed me everywhere.
I've always brought it with me.

But I think I need to say goodbye.
And I just don't know how.

Just the thought of a single adventure I've had with this person...the thought of a single look they have given me...a single smile on their face...and I'm in tears.
They are probably one of the nearest and dearest people to my heart and the sad thing is that they will never understand that.
They will never understand the pure love I felt. The pure happiness I had just driving in a car with them. Or the pure joy I felt at watching them meet and connect with every person that came in their pathway.

I've never experienced life so vividly as I did with them.

But unfortunately that time has passed.
And I'm just not sure what to do about it.
Everything in my life is telling me to let go of the past.
I need to.
But how?

Will I ever see life as vividly?
Will I ever feel so deeply and love so wildly?
Will I ever connect with a person in the same way?
Will I ever experience that sense of adventure to the very core of my being?
Will I ever be alive again?

So dramatic, but so true to what my heart is feeling.
I can't lie about it...

How do I let go?

0 Responses

Post a Comment